Learn more about Lincoln's Diesel Mechanic Schools
From 18-wheelers, to buses and construction equipment, diesel engine-driven machines serve as the behind-the-scenes network that keeps our society moving. And Lincoln's Diesel mechanic schools prepares you for a career working with the colossal powered machines that impact our lives in big ways.
Diesel and truck technicians don't just service trucks - they maintain buses and other diesel powered industrial machines. At Lincoln, we maximize Diesel training by bringing diesel engines, tractors, trailers and other off-road construction equipment inside our giant diesel shops for you to train on.
Diesel Training Classes And More
As an aspiring Diesel Technician, hands-on training plays a critical role in your education.
- Perform a complete disassembly and assembly of a diesel engine, to include the cylinder head, block and timing gears, by following class instruction and the engine manufacturer's service information.
- Get the opportunity to possibly train and apply for positions directly with companies and manufacturers who specialize in diesel-powered machines, off-road construction equipment and trucks in your area.*
- Complete tune-ups, as well as perform wheel alignments to tractors and trailers using computerized equipment.
- Service, repair and replace the components of truck suspension systems and frame as part of your diesel training.
- Gain knowledge in how to identify, locate and diagnose the components of truck brake systems, as they apply to hydraulic, air over hydraulic or air brake systems.
- Classes are taught by ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified instructors.
- Learn how to service and repair diesel fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Caterpillar EUI and other systems.
- Train inside our A/C and Electrical Accessories classrooms where you'll find training board simulators such as starting/charging systems, power windows, locks and other electrical systems found in today's modern trucks.
Careers As A Diesel Mechanic
From fleet maintenance departments, private repair enterprises, and franchised truck repair organizations, to truck leasing and rental operations, Lincoln's Diesel mechanic training can lead to job opportunities nationwide. Our Career Services department knows this firsthand, and will work hard to help you connect with these opportunities.
Want to find out more about Lincoln's Diesel mechanic schools? Request more information by clicking here.
*These programs are sponsored by individual manufactures and qualifications and acceptance into these programs is governed by their criteria.